[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Marc MERLIN marc@merlins.org
Fri Jul 5 18:23:32 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 07:57:15PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Unless I'm mistaken, that's also a violation of SpamCop's rules, and you
> > can be banned for that.

That is exactly correct. I have gotten several users kicked out of spamcop
already.

> Given that SpamCom operators don't seem very responsive, that would seem
> to be asking for a lot. Plus, how do you authenticate banned users?

The  magic spamcop  URL that  the report  is attached  to is  linked to  the
reporting user. It's a hash I believe, not very easy (or possible) to spoof

Marc