[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Fri Jul 5 12:10:09 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 14:57, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> Actually, it's worse than that; my ISP charges me for a portion of the
> costs of providing the service to everybody, and that includes the
> costs they see from spam, even though I don't use their mailservers
> for my inbound mail at all.
>
> So I don't just pay for the spammers, I pay for the spammers clogging up
> mail servers I don't even use.  And, of course, for the bandwidth they
> use to send me spam via my own mail server.

I'm in the same boat as you, through my DSL line here.  On top of that,
they were running open relays for months.  I should write them a note
asking for a discount since I don't, haven't, and won't use their mail
servers.  If they can stop laughing, maybe they'll even reply.

Ron