[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Fri Jul 5 09:48:50 PDT 2002

> Think of all the fun lawyers would have in court if everything you
> emailed could be cryptographically matched to you. Sure, spam would
> mostly disappear, but so would even the illusion of free speech. Do you
> really want that?

"The illusion of free speech" -- does that mean you don't believe we have it
now?  If not, what difference does it make if it's just an illusion.

Secondly, why does free speech also demand anonymity?  If the right to free
speech actually exists than knowing who it came from shouldn't matter.

Regards,
Andrew