[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Wayne Earl wayne@qconcepts.net
Fri Jul 5 09:29:47 PDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 09:14:28AM -0700 or therabouts, Don Marti wrote:
> I refuse to waste time on anyone who sets up a system to lie about me.
> I don't care if this site is on spam blacklists or not.

In a similar vein, I refuse to waste time with people whining about
spam. IMAO, spam is a simple side effect of people's ability to
communicate via email with no authentication or license. I am of the
opinion that the only real way to stop spam is to force identity
authentication before an email can be sent - this is much too high a
price.

Think of all the fun lawyers would have in court if everything you
emailed could be cryptographically matched to you. Sure, spam would
mostly disappear, but so would even the illusion of free speech. Do you
really want that?

People, get over yourself. Report spam sent to you that advocates
illegal activities if you must, but quit the endless whining. If you
don't want to read the spam, delete it, or block it.

--
Wayne Earl <wayne@qconcepts.net>
gpg public key: http://www.qconcepts.net/key.txt