[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Jul 5 09:14:28 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 08:48, M. Drew Streib wrote:

> I host approximately 110 mailing lists, and was ignored despite several
> emails attempting to become a special case.

I refuse to waste time on anyone who sets up a system to lie about me.
I don't care if this site is on spam blacklists or not.

The same thing happens with censorware -- I get on some censorware
company's list of bad sites (in one case, for Partial Nudity, Violence,
and Gambling on burnallgifs.org) and some user tells me about it in the
expectation that I'm supposed to contact the censorware company and
plead my case.  Yeah, right.

If user A tells a blacklist system that a service I offer is bad and
should be blocked, and that prevents user B, who also subscribes to the
blacklist system, from using the service, then the people who obviously
have an incentive to fix the error are user B and the blacklist system.
If the blacklist system were run efficiently, they would do that before
I ever found out about user A's mistake|attack.

Maybe when censorship no longer troubles the people who don't ask for it
I can spend a few minutes on the troubles that censorship causes for the
people who _do_ ask for it.  On second thought, naaah, I have to
alphabetize my white board markers.

--
Don Marti
dmarti@zgp.org