[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Fri Jul 5 09:01:09 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 11:48, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:25:27AM -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> > b) explain the situation to the SpamCop admins and get them to make a
> > special case (there are at least thousands of these, and the procedure
> > is pretty standard for becoming "special").
>
> I host approximately 110 mailing lists, and was ignored despite several
> emails attempting to become a special case.

Your case is more the norm than the exception from what I hear. (I get
the impression Julian Haight thinks there's no such thing as bad press,
and the more people that are screaming about SpamCop the better.) That's
why I now routinely whitelist any mailing list that passes through my
system.  I know that sooner or later there's going to be a problem if I
don't.  Fortunately, mailing list activity is easy to find in the SMTP
log.  If SpamCop's inaccuracies extended beyond its handling of mailing
lists, it'd be completely useless. (and no one would use it, so it
wouldn't matter anyway)

Ron