[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Jul 5 08:39:28 PDT 2002

On 5 Jul 2002, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> There really isn't any other way to do this reasonably without letting
> spammers have a loop-hole the size of Dallas. It's too easy to make an
> open relay look like a "mailing list" and visa versa.

Without reputation based ranking this is useless. I don't mind spam:
SpamAssassin catches most of it, and sorts it into the spam folder.
Bouncing blackholed stuff is intrinsically evil: my host has been
blackholed by some zealots because of some hijackable cgi-bin scripts.