[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Wed Jul 3 14:08:03 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 09:45:00PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2002, Ron Guerin wrote:
>
> > Well, it's not SpamCop that's awesomely clueless.  It's the SpamCop
> > _users_ that are in desperate need of a clue.  Debian got listed because
> > some dimwit on the Debian lists submitted them as a spam source.
>
> No, it's SpamCop('s designers) that are clueless. Anyone knowing human
> nature knows that users are dumb, malicious, or both. Spam blocking is
> intrinsically fraught with danger, since holding hands (not yet kissing)
> to censorship. If such tools become widespread, and there is no
> prestige-based ranking abuse is bound to happen.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my ire with SpamCop and its designer,
Julian Haight.

Unfortunately this bunch gains the good offices and the prestige of
SourceForge from which to perpetrate their ill deeds.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcop/