[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

M. Drew Streib dtype@dtype.org
Wed Jul 3 13:50:58 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 09:45:00PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Well, it's not SpamCop that's awesomely clueless.  It's the SpamCop
> > _users_ that are in desperate need of a clue.  Debian got listed because
> > some dimwit on the Debian lists submitted them as a spam source.
>
> No, it's SpamCop('s designers) that are clueless. Anyone knowing human
> nature knows that users are dumb, malicious, or both. Spam blocking is
> intrinsically fraught with danger, since holding hands (not yet kissing)
> to censorship. If such tools become widespread, and there is no
> prestige-based ranking abuse is bound to happen.

fwiw, all of li.org has been on and off blocked by SpamCop (for the
variety of @li.org lists internationally). Also dtype.org (also alt.org),
which hosts 20-25 mailing lists, has been blocked.

I'm convinced that you can't run any mailing lists of any kind and not
eventually get blocked by SpamCop.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>