[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Jul 3 05:01:00 PDT 2002

<quote who="Ron Guerin">

> Well, it's not SpamCop that's awesomely clueless.  It's the SpamCop
> _users_ that are in desperate need of a clue.  Debian got listed because
> some dimwit on the Debian lists submitted them as a spam source.
>
>         5. Debian is listed as a spam source

Okay, so, I agree that SpamCop and its users are boneheads, *but* the
problem lies in the definition of "spam source". Debian allows spam through,
so is participating to a certain extent, by not doing a good enough job of
stopping spam. My LUG list also lets spam through occasionally, even though
we use James Henstridge's SA plugin for Mailman. It's not a closed list.

Boneheads win. And so does my random sig.

- Jeff

--
           "Spam is about consent, not content." - Craig Sanders