[linux-elitists] Haha, SpamCop lists Debian

Ron Guerin ron@vnetworx.net
Wed Jul 3 04:26:19 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 00:43, Dan Wilder wrote:
> Hehe.  From Debian Weekly News
>
> http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2002/25/
>
> comes a mention of my personal favorite for the title of
> Most Awesomely Clueless Spam Blocking Stuff:

Well, it's not SpamCop that's awesomely clueless.  It's the SpamCop
_users_ that are in desperate need of a clue.  Debian got listed because
some dimwit on the Debian lists submitted them as a spam source.

Sequence:
        1. Sub-human life form submits spam to Debian list
        2. Dim-witted twit on list receives mail
        3. Dim-witted twit, incapable of realizing he subscribed to said
           list clicks the "Spam" button in SpamCop
        4. Steps 2 and 3 are repeated until SpamCop's threshold is
           reached
        5. Debian is listed as a spam source

Ron