[linux-elitists] point of order, Ogg Vorbis rules...and an experiment

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Jan 16 20:34:14 PST 2002

begin Seth David Schoen quotation of Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:02:24PM -0800:

> You might want to add some more META tags to the burnallgifs site --
> some search engines rely on them (though Google less than others, if
> at all).

Last I knew, it ignored them.  And this is just a Google experiment.

> I have taken your suggestion and mentioned Unisys in links to
> burnallgifs.org, although I'm wary of the trend toward things which
> can undermine the reliability and accuracy of Google.

I think it's more important for people interested in Unisys to
read burnallgifs.org than to read the vague marketing bullshit on
current top-ranking site.  Links I make reflect my opinion, which
is at least as important as anyone else's.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti       Join the Distributed Unisys Google Experiment.