[linux-elitists] speaking of mind-reading...

Jason Spence thalakan@lightconsulting.com
Tue Jan 15 01:25:28 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 09:09:26AM +0000, Adam Sampson developed
a new theory of relativity and:
> Rob Walker <rob@myinternetplace.net> writes:
>
> > Does anyone know why gnutar doesn't just look at the file and then
> > pipe it through gzip or bzip2 as appropriate?
>
> Dunno, but I wrote tart a while back, and have "t" and "x" aliased to
> "tart t" and "tart x" respectively. Handles multiple archives too.

Not a bad idea!  Mine only needs one fork, though.

--
 - Jason

	No violence, gentlemen -- no violence, I beg of you! Consider
the furniture!
		-- Sherlock Holmes