[linux-elitists] bash completion

Joey Hess joey@kitenet.net
Mon Jan 14 15:20:53 PST 2002

Rob Walker wrote:
> I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere before, but I saw it as I was
> browsing the weekly freshmeat listings.

joey@silk:~>sudo apt-get install bash-
bash-builtins     bash-completion   bash-doc

Of course, zsh has 2.9 MB of completion code in it; I especially like
the tab completion in things like the apt command above, and completion
of filenames in various cvs commands (cvs add <tab>). Perhaps bash will
catch up eventually.

When I'm feeling bored, I will sometimes play the "what _can't_ zsh
complete?" game. Let's see.. dict. Nope, supported.

--
see shy jo