[linux-elitists] bash completion

Rob Walker rob@myinternetplace.net
Mon Jan 14 13:56:42 PST 2002

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere before, but I saw it as I was
browsing the weekly freshmeat listings.

The most useful parts for me so far are the <TAB> completion for
the hosts in your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file, and the <TAB> completion of
the cd arguments.

http://www.caliban.org/bash/index.shtml#completion

rob

PS.  I went and downloaded it, put it in
     /usr/local/etc/bash_completion, and was || this close to putting
     some lines in /etc/bash.bashrc (Debian) to source it.  I then
     found out that the lines were there, I just needed to uncomment
     them.  Debian already has it installed.