[linux-elitists] Yet more GNOME [Was: DOTGNU]

Adam Sampson azz@gnu.org
Fri Jan 4 12:07:52 PST 2002

Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:

> <owen> b) Isn't very attractive, and in some cases the correct flags do in
> fact depend on _how_ gtk+ (say)was compiled so it isn't even really possible

The major advantage I find from having gtk-config etc. is that it
makes it much easier to select between multiple installed versions of
libraries---I just need to set my PATH appropriately, and then any
programs I configure after that will find the right GTK without
needing to add any configure options.

--
Adam Sampson <azz@gnu.org>                  <URL:http://azz.us-lot.org/>