[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Roland Krause rokrau@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 21:50:03 PST 2002

Jeff wrote:

> KDE and distribution support is different again, with the 1.x panel.

KDE does not maintain packages for any distribution. There are
nevertheless members of the KDE team that are employed by Linux distro
makers, e.g. Mandrake and Suse. It is therefore not such a surprise
that KDE (stable and KDE-3) compiles, installs and integrates well with
the above mentioned distributions.

I might add, that even compiling KDE-3, i.e. the HEAD version from cvs
is merely a matter of running configure and make.

I cant speak for Gnome but I havent seen anybody getting kicked off
#kde for asking about compile problems.

Regards
Roland