[linux-elitists] Beaujolais! Vorbis RC3!

Joakim Ziegler joakim@ximian.com
Thu Jan 3 12:10:18 PST 2002

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 22:18, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> http://www.vorbis.com/ has all the goodies as usual.  Better grab fast
> before the slashdot crowd finds out and takes away the bandwidth :)
>
> With this release, I don't think there's much real competition anymore.
> We should be embarassing WMA now.  MPC and AAC are the only real
> contenders at this point from a quality perspective.  And we're close.
> And neither of those is free :)

Sniffle. Every time I have a reasonable number of albums encoded with
Ogg Vorbis, you release something new and better. Sure, I don't *have* a
really good stereo, so I can't really hear the difference, but I feel
this urge to re-encode everything again, just because I'm not getting
the quality per bit of information that I *could* get.

--
 Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Engineer - joakim@ximian.com - Radagast@IRC
FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate hacker