[linux-elitists] IP: VERY very interesting url (fwd)

Thu Jan 3 00:44:02 PST 2002

ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.leitl.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:19:59 -0500
From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
To: ip-sub-1@majordomo.pobox.com
Subject: IP: VERY  very interesting url

>Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:10:56 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Mike O'Dell" <mo@ccr.org>
>To: dave@farber.net
>Subject: very interesting url
>

>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23518.html

MS struggles to discredit Linux
By Thomas C Greene in Washington

What's cheaper than an OS you can buy outright once and install on every PC
in your shop -- and upgrade cost-free for eternity to boot? Why, a slew of
cheesy licenses for Microsoft Windows, 'Doze Division VP Brian Valentine
claims in his latest cheerleading effort for his sales associates.

That's right; a putatively independent analysis by
'we'll-conclude-anything' whores DH Brown is going to rip Linux a new one
and find that Windows is actually cheaper. How Valentine knows this is
anyone's guess. Perhaps he has a mole in the Brown organization as good as
the one we have in his. Or perhaps MS simply paid for it. We don't know.

<snip>

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/