[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Wed Jan 2 22:17:36 PST 2002

Maybe...

But I've used this hard drive image since it was Slackware 3.4 without ever
wiping the drive clean.  It's made the 2.0 to 2.2 to 2.4 turn overs.

Now it's mostly SUSe all graphited on my origianl slackware distro.

A lot of it is installed by source including bind, the kernel and modules,
X, sendmail, apache, perl.  glibc I upgraded through yast.  It was beyond my ability.

I never felt forced to upgrade, but I'm starting to now with the inabilty to upgrade
gnome desktops.

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting