[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Jan 2 21:47:47 PST 2002

<quote who="Ruben Safir">

> I've not been bale to get it to add a top level folder, although the
> xiamian people seems to do it.
>
> Must be someway

You "can't"... Ximian have constructed an entirely different menu system to
do it. In GNOME 2.0, we have menu vfolders, which will make distribution
integration and custom menus much easier.

[ That said, you will probably not be able to create new *top-level* menus.
The applications menu is designed specifically to avoid the horrendous
bullshit you get stuck with in the Windows start menu. I'll have to check up
on the specifics of this, however. George's vfolder system might actually
allow it. ]

- Jeff

--
                "What inspired you to become a bus driver?"
                             "Linus Torvalds."