[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Jan 2 21:44:00 PST 2002

<quote who="Ruben Safir">

> I have complete faith that proper attention on the part of fine coders
> like yourself

You are assuming that I am a coder. :)

> Just because I could not do better myself (something I'm all to happy to
> admit) is not a reason clump everyone with a criticism into the category
> of "clueless", and wave your hand at them.

I tried to say that I wasn't necessarily clumping you together with the
LFSers. But you haven't convinced me of the valuable time spent trying to
build complicated software in leiu of good packages made by people who spend
the time required to do it right (either they're paid, ala Red Hat, or
they're highly involved with the software themselves, ala Debian. Or both).

> People need to understand Make and Autoconf well.

That is definitely true.

- Jeff

--
                      Cette menace est très sérieuse.