[linux-elitists] DOTGNU

Ruben Safir ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Wed Jan 2 20:34:42 PST 2002

No no

the gnome people aren't on the same sheet of music and they're dependencies
completey suck.  Their misuse of something-config config files make gnome
impossible to compile without spending WEEKS taking a walk through dependency
hell and I feel it's more and more like windows DLL hell every day.

Autoconf, as used by them, never looks to see that's actual on the damn hard drive.
Default ./config make, make install puts things where xiamen doesn't or where other
packages expect them.  Even getter aspell to work is a complete disaster.

I hate the way nothing on gnome compiles any more.
It is so fustrating...........

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting