[linux-elitists] Beaujolais! Vorbis RC3!

Jack Moffitt jack@xiph.org
Tue Jan 1 13:03:05 PST 2002

> > Apple uses Qdesign.
>
> Not sure what you're talking about -- both iTunes (version 2.0.3) and my
> iPod state that they use Fraunhofer and Thomson technologies for MP3.
> iTunes does handle other codecs but is primarily CD/MP3.

iTunes/iPod is a deviation.  I'm fairly sure that the rest of their
stuff is qdesign.  I think they generally use it alongside sorensen
video.  I was actually surprised to not see it in the codec listing of
iTunes, but then again, it would have sounded bad :)

Maybe my knowledge is out of date now.

jack.