[linux-elitists] Dave Farber Gets a Mac

Sun Feb 24 23:42:42 PST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:42:49 -0500
From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
To: ip-sub-1@majordomo.pobox.com
Subject: IP: query for Mac experts OS10 etc

Last night I made the serious error of installing Norton Virus protection
(I assume it was the criminal). After installing it,the system was rebooted
and that famous question mark came up at boot time. I tried everything I
could think of even to trying to boot the hardware diag  cdrom which said
that there was a file system error and dies.

I took my life (well at least my virtual life ) in hand and reinstalled OS
10.1. Guess what , the system booted and all my files were there etc.

BUT now the printer center when I try to add a printer bombs out with
unexpectedly quit error message. So what do I do now!!!!!

Dave

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/