[linux-elitists] Don got quoted

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Feb 8 13:09:50 PST 2002

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:42:00PM -0700:

> I couldn't resist...:)  He described it all so much better than I could.

That's http://lwn.net/2002/0207/ for all you future people reading
the archives.

> This is, of course, the same guy who added up security alerts from four
> distributions and compared the total to Windows....

Should you count a program's security vulnerabiliies against Linux
because some shovelware monger, somewhere in the world, has the
bad taste to bundle it with Linux?  If so, I have a bundle of one
Microsoft CD and sixty thousand crummy shopping cart scripts to
sell you.

As long as we're on the subject of mainstream media news, I love
this story: http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2362/020206germanlinux/
The German Linux freaks are channeling Lyndon Johnson; they actually
got M$ to deny that it has a secret plan to subvert democracy.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti       Join the Distributed Unisys Google Experiment.