[linux-elitists] ANNOUNCEMENT: We're going to Washington. Meeting announcement

Karsten M. Self kmself@ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 8 09:30:42 PST 2002

on Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:03:13AM -0500, Ruben Safir (ruben@mrbrklyn.com) wrote:
> The only other thing is that when Copyrights was not strictly enforced in
>  England in the 19th Century, as I understand it, ONLY porn survived...
> or so said the article I read in from the Economist, which I believe is on
> my resources page.

The story I've read was France, following the Revolution, in an Atlantic
Monthly article by Charles Mann.  September issue.  1999 or 2000 IIRC.

Chuck's an *excellent* writer on the topic, BTW.

> BTW - Congress regulates comercial speach all the time.

This is also true.