[linux-elitists] ANNOUNCEMENT: We're going to Washington. Meeting announcement

Tina Gasperson tina@newsforge.com
Wed Feb 6 16:20:46 PST 2002

Don, I read your piece with interest. I think you are right in your
explanation of the spirit of copyright. And as much as I abhor
pornography and gratuitous violence in movies and video games, and as
effective as shortening the copyright term would probably be, I don't
think it is the government's job to "legislate morality" (bad cliche,
but it fits). I do think we should shorten the copyright term across the
board, though, because I agree wholeheartedly that so-called
"intellectual property" isn't really property at all.

-Tina G.