[linux-elitists] Fallout of LWE - Things we need to follow up on

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Feb 3 17:26:57 PST 2002

Quoting Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com):

[Open Office inherits from SO a severe lack of modularity, excessive
size (especially for developers), lack of information in support docs
about whether builds are so broken they aren't worth the epic download
times, non-functional bugtracking.  OpenOffice.org cannot be reached
for feedback at any of the standard, expect addresses.]

Karsten, this is insightful enough that it deserves greater exposure.
Would you please write it up as either an article, a Web page, or both?

I empathise with the OpenOffice.org developer community.  They've taken
useful steps to address this situation, starting from nothing.  But
still, when I want answers to simple questions like "What options are
supported from the command line, and can I use OpenOffice that way as a
document converter, without X11?", I don't even know where to start.

--
May those that love us love us; and those that don't love us, may
God turn their hearts; and if he doesn't turn their hearts, may