GUI/CLI mail client (was Re: [linux-elitists] What's some marketing buzzwords for what we do?)

Jeremy Zawodny Jeremy@Zawodny.com
Tue Dec 31 11:59:53 PST 2002

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:53:32AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:06:06AM -0800:
>
> > 	What he's really looking for is something like an IMAP server
> > or a collection of MUAs that honor mbox/mh/whatever identically.
>
> You can almost get this if you go over to Maildir.
>
> On the mail server (no X needed)...
>   Courier-IMAP
>   mutt
>   sshd

And while on the server, is there any benefit to running mutt against
the local IMAP server?  I point it directly at the maildirs and
everything seems quite happy that way.  I've tried both, but it's far
faster to by pass the IMAP server and there seem not to be any
problems with it.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@Zawodny.com>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/