Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Dec 31 10:04:38 PST 2002

begin Larry M. Augustin quotation of Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 08:52:16PM -0800:

> The problem that I have with promoting StarOffice (I've only tried
> StarOffice, not OpenOffice, but I'd expect them to be similar) is that it's
> a piece of crap.  It's awful software.

Wait a minute, Larry...on Sunday you said

"Agreed: StarOffice is good enough for a lot of people."

http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20021229130609.A22158@romulus.netgraft.com.html#009101c2afc3$a7c982c0$6501a8c0@lmaugustin.com

Did StarOffice get really bad in between Sunday and now?

Are there any numbers on office suite ROI?  I can argue that my
Herman Miller chair is better than someone else's Office Max chair,
but I can't put a dollar amount on my ass comfort.  How is it worth more
to a company to have a better office suite?

--
Don Marti                  Even if we don't get DMCA reform, loudly
http://zgp.org/~dmarti     demanding DMCA reform is going to get the