Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Tue Dec 31 07:14:04 PST 2002

> Yes, we disagree.  StarOffice is a piece of crap.  It crashes more than any
> version of any commercial software I've ever run on Windows.  It's lost
> data for me on numerous occasions.

I'm curious, which version are you running, or did you run?  I use SO6 (patch
2) for win32 and linux several times a day, every day and have had no
crashes.  My gripes are all about "where the hell is that option?" and little
inconsistencies when converting to/from MS docs.  These are fairly large
wordproc documents and manipulating and graphing test data in the
spreadsheet.

> Most people who own a car just care that it gets them point A to B
> reliably. They don't care how much horsepower it has.  Most don't know
> anything about how it works.  They'll probably buy something similar to
> what their friends buy, simply because choice of car is not that important
> to them, and they'd rather fit and go with the crowd if it's not important.
>  They don't want to know how the car works.  They want to spend their time
> thinking about things that they care about, and cars are not one of them.
>
> Does that make them idiots?  No.  It means they have different priorities
> than we do.

Amen.  I think everyone should have that beat in to their heads.  Computer
guys, car guys, AV guys, religious nuts, everyone.

Regards,
Andrew