Andrew akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Mon Dec 30 05:57:24 PST 2002

> > But my question is why isn't something like Accware on Linux a good
> > solution?  If it's crap, where does it fail?  Or are you talking about
> > providing installation, customization, and training for something like
> > Accware?

Have you seen Appgen (www.appgen.com) -- quickbooks replacement for Mac, Linux
and Win32.  Concurrently.  I have been keeping my eye on it.

> I think we lose sight of what we can offer to the rest of industry
> because we socialize with people who are generally technically competent,
> and we prefer to deal with businesses involved in technology. As for
> the rest of the world, I really think they're desperate for our help.

I agree.  It's amazing what can bring a smile and a ton of appreciation from a
small (or even mid-size) business owner.  Personally I have been putting a
lot of energy and effort into XWT (www.xwt.org) -- machine independent, OS
agnostic, fast and zero, ZERO requirement for fast desktop machines or
specific web clients.  I'm sick to death of web interfaces and I don't want
to push Linux where it just doesn't yet belong.  At the same time, I don't
want to lock someone in to Windows and I don't want to pay big bucks for a Qt
development license.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew