Larry M. Augustin lma@lmaugustin.com
Sun Dec 29 21:23:28 PST 2002

Alan,

I don't think it's a StarOffice question.  Agreed: StarOffice is good enough
for a lot of people.  Also agreed that there's a lot of good turn-key
software on Linux.

But I don't think that we're talking about desktop MS Office users here.  I
think that we're talking about small to medium business accounting,
inventory, payroll, website, etc.

I think the comparison we want is to Accware or Small Business Manager, not
MS Office.  At least that's what I'm trying to understand, and that goes
back to my original question to Michael about what the customer wants.  I
think Michael's talking about a Linux/Open Source alternative for Small
Business Manager.

Larry

p.s. Gotta love the way MS uses generic sounding terms ("Small Business
Manager", "Office", "Windows") as trademarked terms.  Who else could get
away with that?

--
Larry M. Augustin, lma@lmaugustin.com
Tel: +1.650.966.1759, Fax: +1.650.966.1753