Alan DuBoff aland@SoftOrchestra.com
Sun Dec 29 21:01:16 PST 2002

On Sunday 29 December 2002 18:10, Larry M. Augustin wrote:
> It's interesting to hear that you think this market is being ignored.

Larry,

This is almost exactly what I was saying outside the SVLUG meeting to you a
couple months ago. It's not that they're being ignored, it's that Linux is
good enough and has the products to get *MOST* people by. Let's look at the
reality, the majority of desktop users only use a fraction of the power in
ms-dos-office, and most people get by with using ms-dos-office and mail.

StarOffice/OpenOffice has gotten good enough that it can support the
functionality that most users demand.

Linux has become a desktop solution that is darn near turnkey, IMO, depending
on the needs of the company.

I know your argument is that people can go down to Fry's and buy software
that they can stick in their computer and it works, but there's a lot of
software like that on Linux nowdays.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.