Michael Bacarella mbac@netgraft.com
Sun Dec 29 18:45:23 PST 2002

> > I've seen one company call it "Business Process Automation", which
> > is good, but they were targetting huge corporations.
>
> I like this term.  Why shouldn't small companies get automation as good
> as the big ones?

Er, they should.  I was just wondering if this sounded like big
corporate exec BS that little company execs wouldn't be familar with.

> > What would you call it? I realize that this list is not my marketing
> > department, but I'm assuming that at least some of you do the same thing
> > for a living, and may have figured out what it's called.  If not, this
> > may be an opportunity for us to coin a term that is of advantage to
> > us superior Linux wielding beings and burn it into everyone's brains
> > through the usual media manipulation channels.
>
> The "real" IT services operations are already creating demand for
> this kind of thing.  Small business owners read the Forbes and
> Business Week ads targeted to big business CIOs -- they just can't
> afford to buy.  All you need to do is pick up the small jobs the big
> companies won't do.  Let the big companies do all the big marketing,
> and just use whatever term they do.

Come to think of it, no big IT service company lists prices, which
I take it means "if you need to ask..."

Good idea!

--
Michael Bacarella  | Netgraft Corp
                   | 545 Eighth Ave #401
 Systems Analysis  | New York, NY 10018
Technical Support  | 212 946-1038 | 646 641-8662
 Managed Services  | http://netgraft.com/