Peter Whysall peter.whysall@ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 29 14:03:41 PST 2002

Nick Moffitt wrote:
> begin  Peter Whysall  quotation:
>
>>Aren't we all? Are you sure you're not running ANY proprietary
>>software, anywhere, at all? Hypocrisy is an occupational hazard of
>>being a partially principled human being.
>

> 	Sure, if you let OTHER PEOPLE define the standards you are to
> be held to.  Nice try, Peter.

Are you saying that the only standards you allow yourself to be held to
are those that you set for yourself?

Last time I looked, ethics and morality are a two-headed beast, being
born from within and shaped from without.

But hey.

If you're perfect, I'm happy for you.

I'm not. That doesn't mean I don't *try* to improve, but I recognise
that improvement is not only possible, but imperative - otherwise I'm
apt to turn into one of those things that sits on the sofa, drinks beer
and watches telly all day long. Not very elitist and certainly not very
Linux.

P.

--
Peter Whysall