[linux-elitists] Python regexes

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun Dec 29 13:55:36 PST 2002

begin  Nick Moffitt  quotation:
> Content-type:.*multipart(?!.signed)

	So I typically reserve my regex-style munging work to awk, vi,
etc.  It took me quite a while to warm up to Python's regex syntax.
The cambridge-polish stuff does allow for more deterministic parsing,
and it does scan better once you learn it.

	The problem with mailman is that those header entries are like
this:

STATIC_HEADER_NAME: rEgEx.?27!~for[.df]content

So many of those up there are wrong.  Mailman's a little on the b0rk3n
side that way.

--
A: No.