Peter Whysall peter.whysall@ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 29 13:50:51 PST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 21:30, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> On Sunday 29 December 2002 13:16, Peter Whysall wrote:
> > Perhaps the list owner needs to hire one of those all-singing, all-dancing,
> > coding systems administrators that Michael was talking about...
>
> Well, I'm not sure why he would...he seems to be doing ok with the system he
> uses which doesn't require any MCSEs.

Didn't detect my postings from Outhouse, though. (which, ironically
enough, spiked the CPU and crashed halfway through my original reply to
Michael's followup to my post. There's so much irony in my house today I
should sell it to British Steel^W^WCorus.)

> OTOH, that certification comes on your platform of preference.

Ha! If you knew me at all, you'd know that's "preference", meaning
"preference if the alternative is writing commands on a teletype
attached to an IBM mainframe over a 110 baud modem on a bad line".

> You may be one of the biggest Debian advocates around (per your statement),
> but from my perspective you're at least a partial hypocrite.

Aren't we all? Are you sure you're not running ANY proprietary software,
anywhere, at all? Hypocrisy is an occupational hazard of being a
partially principled human being.

P.

--
Peter Whysall <peter.whysall@ntlworld.com>