[linux-elitists] Kernel-mode Linux

Nick 'Sharkey' Moore sharkey@zoic.org
Thu Dec 12 19:44:37 PST 2002

[ Damn!  Here I am trying to be a good little elitist and I
screw up, hit the wrong button and reply directly to Mister
Bad instead of the mailing list!  Shame!  Non-standards-compliance!
Social Death on Crackmonkey!  Oh well I'll just send it to the
list as well and hope no-one notices ... it's a tough crowd
here though, maybe I'd better make a joke out of it by including
a self-referential paragraph up the top in square brackets. ]

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 02:23:13PM +0100, Mister Bad wrote:

>     N'M> So, remind me, why are we embedding a multi-user time-sharing
>     N'M> preemptive-multi-tasking Unix-ish OS in such a device anyway?
>
> Because we haven't figured out how to embed it in toasters yet.

Sure we have ... the only tricky part was modulating the activity
of the idle task to adjust the amount of CPU heat getting to the
toast.  That, and arguing about whether it can be loaded with
closed-source bread.

> What kind of elitist are you, anyways?

The *wrong* kind.

-----sharks