[linux-elitists] right MTA for crypto support

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Tue Aug 27 14:10:46 PDT 2002

begin Aaron T Porter quotation of Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:36:38PM -0700:

> 	Not that I've tried it, but I would expect that to attempt to
> execute /bin/false and then close the connection.

The -N on the client end means just do the tunnel, don't run
anything.  (try ssh -N /bin/false example.com)  I'm just wondering if
specifying /bin/false is a clean enough way to prevent an attacker
from attempting to actually run some program using that key.  Or is
there a way to say "don't let this key run anything, it's a tunnel
only key".

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                       Help spread accurate information