[linux-elitists] (maybe OT) win refunds and installable CDs?

Shawn McMahon smcmahon@eiv.com
Mon Aug 26 06:18:23 PDT 2002

One Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 01:08:53AM -0400, Andy Bastien said:

> I know this doesn't help you, but if you're going to buy a laptop, why
> not buy a Mac?  You can still install linux on it if you like, and if

1) Binary-only software.  If you need something proprietary for which
there is not yet a free substitute, the odds that it is available
compiled for PowerPC Linux are slim.

2) One freakin' mouse button.  That's a deal-breaker for me.  And I
don't wanna hear about external mice; it's a LAPTOP, I wanna use it on
my lap, without lugging around a rodent and a playpen for it to roll on.

--
Shawn McMahon            | Now is the time we should be celebrating
AIM work: spmcmahonfedex | the Constitution and the rule of law,