[linux-elitists] (maybe OT) win refunds and installable CDs?

Michael Bacarella mbac@netgraft.com
Sun Aug 25 23:29:33 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:54:27PM -0700, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
> The core of MacOS X is *not* proprietary. Darwin is freely available.
>
> Apple actually hires people who work on free software. So there's
> compelling reasons other than those you state for supporting Apple (not to
> mention they were one of the early computer companies to support Linux,
> even before Netscape did).

I remember back in the day Apple supported mkLinux.

Then one day support stopped for reasons undiclosed. I can't
remember if this coincides with Linus blowing them off wrt their
plans to join forces and Take On Microsoft. Thus goes his meeting
with Apple as is written in his biography.

Later on, JKH would blow them off as well.

In a different sense of the word.  I guess you can call it hiring.

/me ducks