[linux-elitists] LOC-issue

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad@benyossef.com
Fri Aug 23 01:06:29 PDT 2002

Howdie,

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 00:59, Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter wrote:

> Without being anti-Islam I do sense quite often that love is
> uni-directional. I respect their religion as is, but in our society
............................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As a Jew leaving in Israel (there, I got your attantion now, didn't I?
:-) I am bothered by your post.

Who are 'they', exactly?

Yes, there are some really stupid people who also happen to relate
themselves with the Islamic religion. Trust me on this one, there are
stupid people anywhere and of all creed and religious beliefs.

You are now going to put the entire Islamic culture, complete with Omar
Khayyam and the people who came up with the idea of an Algorythm (not to
mention the concept of zero) in one big group that incldues and is
charterctised by these nutballs just because they all say they belive in
Allelah and not in Jehuva or Bob?

> evidence is given time and time again that certain - again not all but
> certain - Islamic groups call out for the destruction of our society -
> the same society that game them shelter. That makes me somewhat
> reluctant to follow to your suggestion. On the other hand if we don't
> give a hand things will never change. This is something I need to think
> about.

In the end, there is only one true 'us and them' - there are the people
who respect the right of everyone to live their life as they see fit and
there are the others. If you'll ask the others, they will tell you that
there are many 'us and them' - Israelies and Palstients, Islamic and
Westerns, Black and Whites etc etc. but in the end there are only two
real camps. You simply have to choose in which group you belong, that's
all.

I think Marti's suggestion is a good way to tell the world what your
choice is.

Gilad.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad@benyossef.com>
http://benyossef.com

"Money talks, bullshit walks and GNU awks."
  -- Shachar "Sun" Shemesh, debt collector for the GNU/Yakuza