[linux-elitists] LOC Records for Brotherhood

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 22 13:38:18 PDT 2002

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org):

> I propose that as a statement of brotherhood, everyone set up an LOC
> ("location") record in DNS for any host, router or wireless access
> point that is available for visitors to use.
>
> Instructions for doing this are at:
> http://www.ckdhr.com/dns-loc/howto.html

Done!  For my Menlo Park hosts:

                        LOC     37 25 53.825 N 122 11 52.128 W 15m

Please note BIND 9.x is really picky about details of syntax.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,