[linux-elitists] Market share figures for 2001?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed Aug 7 12:48:32 PDT 2002

So I read something that got me to thinking.  Do you remember those
market share calculations that IDC used to do?  They documented the
rise of GNU/Linux in the server arena, and showed it slowly but surely
overtaking the other OSes .  In 2000 they showed Linux at about 30%
and Microsoft stuff at about 40%

So where the hell are the data for 2001?  It's like they got a big
payoff to just not publish it this year.  It's like the whole question
of market share was just swept neatly under the rug right before the
trend line says that Linux should have taken the top slot for servers.

--
Jack Valenti is to the American film viewer and the American public
as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone.