[linux-elitists] Re: FYI:Re: dangers of TCPA/palladium (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Mon Aug 5 08:47:44 PDT 2002

ICBMTO: N48 04'14.8'' E11 36'41.2'' http://www.leitl.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:44:42 -0600 (MDT)
From: Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To: Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org>
Cc: linuxbios@lanl.gov
Subject: Re: FYI:Re: dangers of TCPA/palladium (fwd)

I'm following it, and it's depressing.

Somehow, we (the users) need to take over the computing world the way we
did ca. 1980.

I think at least part of this involves moving to NON-microsoft-compatible
hardware, as we keep paying a tax to M$ everytime we buy anything. They're
spending $5B on research this year. For context, that is a lot more than
double ALL the spending on EVERYTHING here at Los Alamos. And we do an
awful lot of stuff here. And we help fund M$ everytime we buy a machine,
even though we format the disk each time.

ron