[linux-elitists] hacked your tivo yet?

john spurling synec@nakedlunch.org
Thu Aug 1 12:44:47 PDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 03:21:49PM -0400, Ron Guerin wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 14:28, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> > TiVo is hackable because of its free software foundation. Seeing
> > proprietary apps on top of it just hurts.
>
> You mean like Mac OS X? ;)

isn't the kernel bsd? if so, what does the fsf have to do with any of
that? am i missing something? i've heard that their kernel source is
publicly available from mac os x using friends, just the gui and stuff
are still proprietary. can other elitists support or refute this?

-john

--
"what security level comes after 'totally apeshit?' we're just gonna
start bombing any country we want with fucking nuclear weapons in