[linux-elitists] ssh hygiene

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 30 11:31:00 PDT 2002

Quoting Jauder Ho (jauderho@carumba.com):

> My current take on AES is yes, AES is new but it will never get
> adopted if it is not used and tested in the field.

Effective ways to test a new encryption algorithm:

  Become an expert cryptographer.  Attack the design and implementation
in as many diverse, creative ways as possible, the more unorthodox, the
better.  Publish.  Correspond.  Test other people's work.  Get famous.

or:

  Employ an expert cryptographer.  Underwrite his salary to carry out
the foregoing sort of work.

Ineffective ways to test a new encryption algorithm:

  Use it.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell