[linux-elitists] ssh hygiene

Jauder Ho jauderho@carumba.com
Tue Apr 30 10:02:38 PDT 2002

Hey Matt,
	My current take on AES is yes, AES is new but it will never get
adopted if it is not used and tested in the field. Since it has undergone
a fairly extensive review process and not being developed in secret (for
example TriStrata), there is at least some level of confidence that it
will do what it was designed to do.

With that said, I connect to a very limited number of hosts in any case
and they all support the protocol (I believe openssh uses it by default
now) so why not? I am sure people went to blowfish (which was my previous
preference) because it was better/faster so I am just taking another step
and using AES instead.

Naturally, I would hope this does not end up in a encryption scheme
flamewar :) I am just explaining my rationale for choosing to use AES.

--Jauder